So you have come across social media marketing and realized that it is what your business needs to grow. This is an important step, but it’s only the beginning.
You need to master the art or hire a social media marketing professional to help you develop and execute your strategy.
Whichever option you choose, there are certain considerations and ways of doing it that can help you spend wisely on it and reap better benefits.
First, you need to know some of the ways social media marketing is done.
Social Media Marketing, How To Do It
- Consistent and up to date presence. Having relevant updates on your social media pages consistently positions you as an expert at what you do.
- Create brand awareness. You will need content that makes your company’s name known to your target audience and makes them think of your company whenever they need your products or services. This will position you as the market leader in your industry.
- Community growth and engagement. As a business, you will need a large audience to connect with; this can only be achieved by creating attention targeting content. In addition to this, it is critical to establish meaningful relationships by proactively engaging your online community through communication.
- Website traffic and conversions. The social media content on your pages should be strategic enough to drive traffic to your website. Online followers are leads and sales in waiting; it all depends on how the content is positioned.
Pricing Plans And Packages
One point of consideration with social media marketing is the cost. Since the budget tends to be a constraining factor, you should be clear on your needs and what you consider as a fair price.
Social media marketing services are priced differently depending on the type of package and size of business. Packages levels offered range from posting content on a single platform to a comprehensive social media management program spanning multiple networks depending on your brand’s needs.
Here are examples of packages:-
- Content posting only- involves posting content on an agreed number of times in a day or week.
- Community engagement- this entails interacting with your followers for the agreed period.
- Outreach program- involves attracting new followers.
- Social media strategy- involves coming up with weekly reports, research, and analytics.
The pricing will then be determined by your choice of the package; influenced by the business needs.
How Much Is Expensive?
Having a clear understanding of your objectives and priorities will help you know what your business needs and what outcome you should expect. Price shouldn’t not influence your decision as much.
Therefore, it is imperative to not only ask about pricing, but run a background check on the company or individual’s previous works. The pricing should reflect the quality.
If you happen to be a start-up company with limited resources, you will be better off working with a company that will offer a comprehensive package at a fair price.
Your ROI Matters
After exploring the options in social media marketing, you should be in a position to make an informed decision.
However, if you are a young company seeking to outsource, you should go for an agency or experienced individuals that will charge fairly.
Social media marketing is a big investment which needs one to be strategic about it. Therefore, choose social media platforms that are relevant to your business and measure the return on your investment.